Charter Cancellation Policy
To charter the entire boat, a deposit is required within 10 business days after making the reservation to hold the date. One day charter fee will hold up to two consecutive days. For three to five consecutive days, two days charter fee is required to hold the block of dates. For single seat reservations, a 100% deposit of one day is required to hold from one to three consecutive days.
The remainder of the Charter Fee is due at the dock. Checks, cash or credit cards can be accepted at the dock in the morning. 100% refund of the deposit will be given for cancellations made 30 days prior to the charter. Deposits are not refundable inside 30 days, unless the trip is cancelled by the Captain for weather, safety or mechanical issues. In the case of a cancellation by the Captain, 100% refund will be made. Parties will be billed the full price of the charter for cancellations inside 30 days.
- The only thing more important to us than taking people diving, is returning our divers to the dock unharmed. When it is necessary to call a trip off due to weather or mechanical difficulties, Tortuga Charters will make every attempt to do so with enough advance notice so that our customers can change travel plans.
- We reserve the right to decline a charter based on the level of risk for safety concerns, due to weather, dive profiles, desired dive or fishing sites. We offer 100% refund of the charter fee should we make that decision. The Captain has the exclusive authority to decide if a trip will run, or if an alternative dive site needs to be chosen based on current conditions, the NOAA short term forecast, local knowledge and past experience.
- The final call will be made the morning of the charter at the dock. If at any time during a trip the Captain decides to abort the trip in progress, and turn around to return to port, a full 100% refund is given.
- The Captain reserves the right to offer customers a full refund at the dock, or the opportunity to leave the dock and “take a look” at sea conditions. Once at sea, if the decision is made to abort the trip and return to the dock, a service fee of $100 plus actual cost of fuel burned will be levied.
- If the Captain deems that the weather and other conditions are appropriate for the trip to run, but the customers either do not show at the dock, or decide they do not want to make the trip, the 50% deposit will be retained by Tortuga Adventures, LLC and will not be refunded. The remainder of the charter fee is due. There will be no fuel fee.
- When a trip runs, and any member of the group does not show, the remaining members of the group will be responsible for the remainder of the charter cost, including fuel costs.